We store cookies on your device to make sure we give you the best experience on this website. I'm fine with this - Turn cookies off
Switch to an accessible version of this website which is easier to read. (requires cookies)

Make sure you are registered to vote!

May 1, 2011 12:00 AM

You can only vote in elections if your name is on the register of electors for your area. The register is updated in the autumn each year. However, entries can be added or deleted throughout the year. Anyone who thinks they are not on the electoral roll at their home address can get a form and return it to their local council.

To register, you must be:

  • 16 or over (you cannot vote until your 18th birthday);
  • a British or Commonwealth citizen; or
  • a citizen of the Irish Republic or of another EU member state.

Citizens of EU member states other than the UK or the Irish Republic cannot vote in Westminster elections and must fill in a separate form to vote in European elections.

Wiltshire residents can click here